Friday, August 9, 2013

Former post from time of trial in 2010......."The trial is upon us.....finally....."

I am afraid to exhale for fear the date will change again....but I am assured it is going forward on Sept 7th...just 6 days before the 3rd anniversary of Laura's death.  It seems like yesterday in some ways....and a life time ago in others.  It feels like I am going to a funeral of sorts instead of a trial....a long, slow funeral.  I pray I can sit thru this by the grace of God!  There will be things I won't want to hear....things I hope to hear and don't....  The only time I will be talking at the trial is at the sentencing, giving an impact statement.

I am writing this quick blog so you can link up before the trial.  It is my hope and desire that  I will be blogging every night in order  to keep all my friends and family across the country updated on what is transpiring.  Feel free to quote me and re-post my reporting.   I spoke with the Cape Cod Times and they said they will be covering the trial also every day.  That doesn't mean it will be in the paper every day.

I have been very pleased so far with the DA, Michael O'Keefe's handling of the case and also Brian Glenny's, his assistant.  The Victim Witness advocate from the same court has been wonderful every step of the way.  She has been with me every step of the way for 3 years, calling me every time there was a pre-trial hearing or conference.  Informing me of the process but most of all just holding my hand thru the phone.  I don't mention her name for her sake but would love to give her public praise.

I look forward to being on the other side of this trial.  Life will never be the same without Laura but we will find some comfort in getting justice for Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment